1. Theresa Devine says:

Working from home while attending to my 11 year old’s schooling has proven more difficult than originally thought. Every 10 minutes or so it’s a question. “Mooommm…?” He asks tentatively, as I have told him a few times I am working and to disrupt as little as possible. I stop what I’m doing to attend to his needs. This new (temporary) normal is uncomfortable and awkward for both of us. Chromebook for his at home studies is on its way, but as of right now, it’s packets. Much to my chagrin, his strength is not in English and there is a power struggle between him and I with the packet. I say forget it, he apologizes and I let him just read instead. He’s reading a great book “Holes” and seems to be enjoying it. A small victory for Mom for now. It’s lunch time now. Tuna melts and back pats.

Love the details and the truth in this entry! Thank you for sharing!!

2. Jose Flores says:

I have not gone to see my mother since the shelter-in-place order was given. A phone call to check in on her and my grandmother would have to suffice. My mother informed me that she has decided to take up yoga and through the power of YouTube has completed a few yoga sessions over the past few days. One in the morning another in the early evening before dinner. My grandmother who regularly goes to church is upset that she will no longer be able to go and has to instead pray with her group of seniors over the phone (apparently my younger sister showed her how to add people to the conversation). The conversation with my grandmother was brief as she was quickly off the phone because she was getting a call from one of her friends. “Your grandmother is adapting well.” My mom told me in Spanish. She reported that everyone was doing well at home and wanted me to come visit. Visiting family is sadly not the best decision…for now.

Thanks for posting, Jose. Hang in there… ☮️

3. Well I had a lazy start today, as I have most days of this quarantine so far. I woke up initially at 4am as I clawed my way over my partner to reach the water. After chugging it, I fell back asleep until 8. At 8 I groggily said some gibberish and then dozed back off until 10. Then I thought I was going to get up because I felt awake but I stayed in bed and got groggy again so I dozed off until 1. At 1 I decided it was time I let my parents know that I was alive. I went out and had some leftover pasta and split a latte with my partner. The rest of the day I played a game similar to candy crush. I’m in the second level of this tournament, and I’m currently in third place so I’m really trying to pull ahead a bit. Then I took my dog zippy for a walk. I washed off her feet because she got a bit muddy and then I came inside to write this story. As you can see, day 15 of quarantine has been rather eventful

Great shot by shot and frame by frame narration!!!! Missin my Monday crew!!!! ✊🏽🖋☮️

4. Kiely Rowe says:

Hey Guys!
    Today I woke up and made my new favorite breakfast burrito with eggs cheese and fake sausage. It is a very simple process and I can cook it only using one plate and one pan so there isn’t that much clean up required. Then my lovely family joined me in the living room for family yoga. After this it was time for chores. I cleaned the bathrooms and Shane did the laundry for me which I really appreciated. Instead of starting working on our homework after our chores were done, we decided that we would slack off and play video games. After this we took a nap and then ate dinner. For dinner we had bread, veggies and pasta. After dinner my mom sat down with us and helped us fill out our unemployment forms. This was tough. It is very sad that I can’t go in to work anymore. I had just started at a new job and my coworkers were like a second family to me. After submitting my form I decided that I would start getting some school work done by emailing my math teacher but instead I decided to finally check out #professormikey’s website instead and found this prompt intriguing. This is much better than emailing my my math teacher, but sadly it must be done. I’m glad I found this prompt though, because it was very relaxing to write my thoughts down.

Great to hear from you, Kiely!!! Looking forward to communicating with you and your colleagues on Wednesday!!! Cheers!!! …. Mikey

5. Yara Goldreyer says:

Today began with breakfast in bed while I read the news and stressed about my job. I had set aside the morning to relax and clear my head to decide if I should continue working. Reading grim news articles on death tolls from this virus at the same time quickly sent me into an anxious spiral. I wasn’t ready to start my day with a panic attack so I spoke with my mom to get some help with the decision. We worked together to weigh the pros and cons of me continuing at my job and I finally came to the conclusion that I will keep working for now. This quarantine has left the rest of my family without income so I feel as if I need to earn money while I still have the opportunity.
    The afternoon was a lazy mixture of naps, hot chocolate, social media, and texting.
    Early evening brought the dreaded trip into Safeway and Whole Foods with my mom. We had agreed to shop together but the idea of being around others in these times was making my mom nervous. We managed to get through shopping right before we were about to start screaming at each other. You could feel every little bit of tension in the stores. The usual chatter was completely gone, replaced by uncertain glances in my direction. Shoppers were all dodging around each other and eye contact almost felt like it could be breaking the rules of social distancing.
    My evening ended on a positive note with some much-needed humor and human connection. I had a drink and dessert with my friend over skype. We sat around for 3.5 hours chatting, laughing and destressing. Making the time to stay connected with friends is more important for me now than it ever has been.

6. cjfilice says:

The days seem to be bleeding into one another without end. The only thing keeping me somewhat on track is the calendar where I cross off the days that lead to the date that’s circled with “freedom?” written in the square. Each day is similar to the last. Waking up to a cold room with the window left open because my roommates insist on baking themselves to death and then complaining about the electric bill as if it would even matter. The fresh air is nice to wake up to though. It makes covering myself in my blanket, intaking caffeine and getting my morning dose of American Dad all that more comforting. Thank God for American Dad. After the guilt of sitting around and watching TV settles in, I pick up my book that always seems so heavy and get to reading. This combination, along with a morning crossword has proven to be a good enough recipe for stimulating the brain into a woken state. After completing the morning routine, I wander around my room for a few minutes, looking for new things to interest me, like continuously opening the fridge hoping for new food to have appeared. A jog through the surrounding neighborhoods that ends in a walk has been my standard outdoor activity. My girlfriend and I now know almost everyones yard by heart. We wondered if we had become so boring that looking at people’s yards is what interested us. I can see it now. Chatting it up with our roommates and me saying, “there was a really nice plot of African Daisies down the block,” or “the cherry blossom tree looks really nice overshadowing the black bark.” This is what my life is at this moment and I am content with it. A Chopped style lunch is then prepared. Mixing and matching random ingredients to complete a meal that some would call idiotic, others would call genius. I then continue work on a self-portrait that I am doing for my drawing class. It looks a bit like an aardvark but it is in it’s early stages and I am doing it in pencil so I can adjust. Perhaps I am a little aardvark-y. I’ll only know when the drawing is complete. Then comes “hanging out” with my friends. Call of Duty:Warzone is the video game where we meet and talk. As a gamer, I have been practicing for this type of self-isolation for my entire life. Being able to socialize and have a sense of normalcy and forget about things for awhile is nice though and has been key in the keeping of sanity. My room then turns into a gym to make up for the hours of sitting and staring at a screen. The heated house makes for an easy sweat that leaves me satisfied thinking that I worked harder than I actually did. After dinner, a movie is watched. The movies are kind of like the food. Consuming what we have to because there is not much left to choose from. Then sleep comes and another morning arrives accompanied by excitement to go see how the calla lilies up the street are doing.

Name and course??

1. cjfilice says:

Chris Filice-English 1B, on Mondays

7. Kate Nunez says:

Today is a pool of laziness. I’d say pool of drool or snores, but I didn’t start off today with that, luckily. I woke up early hoping to get some work done and get in the lingo of seeing if I could use zoom on my laptop with no consequences. Well, that was cheetos (I don’t like to say sh*t or at least I try not to use that word and other words seen as profanities). No one could hear me, but obviously my quite big and acne filled face could be seen. Oh gosh. Kill me now. Anyways, moved on from the computer to go get ready for the chat. Getting ready with a brush of my teeth and a splash of water to my face to clean it. After, I went down to get some cereal because I’m a lazy being with no will go cook or do anything like the lazy egg that Gudetama is. However, I wanted to do something to help out at home so I decided to take out the recycling. It would do good for me to finally go outside and walk and actually breath in fresh air. Walking and I pass by my (I don’t know what to really call her) friend. Wondering. How’s her family? Who knows. I walk by pretending I didn’t pass by and having a small pinch or pain for how our past ended but how there’s still no future going forward for the better. Ugh. Kill me, please. Back inside, I’m helping get in all the food and supplies my family came home with. I put away the sodas bought in the closer and helped sort of the vegetables and fruit. Online classes now with my teachers. I, unfortunately, do not like my Spanish class and dreaded every moment. That was nice. Then, I had my English class. That was actually nice and I didn’t hate it because I actually give the class an 8/10 score. It’s over now and I don’t have to go back onto zoom until tomorrow. Hopefully I can figure out the problem with my voice not coming out the other end for my teacher. If not, then I guess I will be using my phone. Again later, more trash and I wanted to help so again I went through that whole mental thinking I had earlier and that I continue to have most of the time while passing by her door. Coming in, I then began to peel carrots to make carrot juice as asked by my mother. My hands are carrot orange. Cool. Done with that, it’s put in the fridge for my mother and anyone else later because I do not drink carrot juice. At least it’ll make my mum happy to drink and mix with some other vegetable juice. Worrying for her safety, I hope she’s doing well and stays well as she continues to work with the elderly and caring for them. Odd enough, listening to King for a Day by Pierce the Veil is kind of helping in a non-helpful yet helpful way as it plays while I type this up. Okay, that’s it.

8. Amy Bell says:

I was sitting at work with a cardboard cup of lukewarm coffee. There were a bunch of bubbles floating at the surface and i noticed my reflection staring back at me in each one.
    I tried to drink it all in one gulp because the coffee where I work is probably barely on the cusp of being coffee. It comes from a concentrate in a bag with a weird little rubber nib that we forcefully shove into the dispenser hole of the “coffee” machine. My coworker said it’s kind of like an IV bag. I will take this moment to channel a bit of my inner Gordon Ramsey: It tastes like burnt rubber or perhaps… dusty water? But alas, I gotta do what I gotta do to stay awake for my shift.
    It was one of those moment where I felt especially small, like a modest little mouse or a doorknob or something mundane of that sort. Just a person staring at their coffee, waiting for all the bubbles at the surface to pop, gradually eliminating each reflection of myself, then getting right back up to get back to work.